Thursday, May 19, 2016

What have you been up to?



First of all I want to talk briefly about my latest addiction(s) and who is to credit for them. Not that this is any kind of excuse for not putting my thoughts down on a more regular manner. Well to tell the truth I've been laying it down on Facebook a lot lately. But not necessarily on my wall. I have been spending my time in a private group of 5000+ of my newest friends. All thanks to a lady who goes by the pseudonym of Brittany, Herself. You can check out her refreshing flavor of opinions and energizing, inspiring stories at; http://brittanyherself.com/

After following Brittany's blog and Facebook page for over a year I decided to treat myself to something I have always wanted to do for myself, take Art classes, stretch myself. Now I know those who have followed me and those who have known me for not very long will be asking yourselves. What kind of Art doesn't she do? Since I sculpt, crochet, weave, sew, garden... It's not something I've never done before and it was originally taken on as a means of improving my sculpting skills. Some time ago someone suggested that if I learned how to draw or paint faces that my sense of dimension would improve and I would become better at my sculpting. Last year I tried by challenging myself to draw a figure at least once a day for a year. At first it was interesting but then my habits slipped and eventually it was an accomplishment if I doodled on my meeting notes occasionally.

Late last year I was avoiding my art on FaceBook, when an ad popped up for an artist named Tamara Laporte. I followed it out to her Blog at http://willowinglove.blogspot.com/.

And from there became enthralled with the idea of taking an online year long art class from her. Tam has hosted these classes called LifeBook since 2012. I just knew I had to sign up for the 2016 class. So we made it my birthday gift last year. Signed up practically at ground zero for launch because she launched the class on January 1st with a special welcome class and has emailed out a link every week for that week's class. For the past 21 weeks I have been swimming in fabulous, enchanting inspiring art. Lesson after lesson. Then two weeks ago, to celebrate her move across the UK to her dream house in Devon, Tam held a sale and I bought three more of her One Time classes (Fabulous Faces, Lettering with Willowing and M3 the Mythical Beasts class series.)

This sounds so much like a commercial and maybe in a way it is. But I have felt like I so need to share with everyone these two fabulous Women and their Blogs.

How is each adventure is working out. Well that's for another Blog.