Tuesday, January 9, 2018

What or Where is a Grafham

What I want and what I get out of life should really more closely align, if I've done my homework.

I have a single goal that has been my focus for several years now.  Well actually several highly related goals that all revolve around my achieving the big one.

I want to become an independent career artist.  I know I have the talent and am working diligently to obtain the necessary training.  But independent artists need financial backers.  Customers who are buying my works or who are patrons that will allow my creative juices to flow.

In the meanwhile I have had day job(s) for the past 30+ years.  Plus I have married, raised a family and kept a basically clean home while juggling these 9 to 5 job(s), plus art classes with various levels of difficulty and success. Oh and a chronic illness that has promised to stay with me for the rest of my life. There is good news on that front in that I have managed in the past few years to create for myself a therapeutic treatment plan that addresses several of my symptoms.  While allowing me to maintain my busy schedule.

The goal of leaving my day job to work exclusively on my art career is so close that at times I feel like it is breathing on my neck. Still there are items on the checklist that have to be crossed off before I can take the jump. 

In the meanwhile I have begun mentally generate a To Do list. Which when I'm good, is updated in my Evernote Grafham Studio Creations Notebook. Or at least trying to not flog myself for not having a more fleshed out Business Plan. That OCD Perfectionist deep down inside is still there.

One item that has wiggled around my brain of late is the need to have an About the Artist or CV to share with my art. Who are you and Why are you doing this?

The first coherent thought I had that seems to fit is that Grafham Studio is not a brick and mortar place. Yes I have a physical art studio. In fact I have two in my own home, having recently expanded into the family's Music room so I am not over whelmed with clay stuff while trying to focus on my painting and drawing pieces. Then there are the discussions with GalaxyDoctor that my art needs to become mobile as in easy to pick up and take with me. Hence the weird collection of Art Journals from which much of the photo selection to be added below arises.

So having addressed the where. What is Grafham?

Grafham is a wonderfully magical, beautiful, peaceful, Make-Believe, place I can go  to in my head, anytime I turn to my art. Some day soon I'm going to have to paint pictures of my wonderful place to share with everyone. Or you can start painting pictures of your wonderful places. But that is another Blogg...