Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Ride Around

As I ride the Detroit People Mover around for the third time in 2 months I'm thinking about how sometimes we spend too much of our lives riding around on the same fixed track. Always going to the same places, in the same order and at the same pace. Usually too slow for my liking.

When presented with an opportunity to "jump off the track" and go in a different direction we are frozen with fear. Maybe because our track is so high off the ground? We are afraid of the possibility of falling from an uncoordinated exit, of getting lost because when on our familiar track we never really paid attention to where we actually were at. Then -  is there a way back on to the track once we get off?

I've ridden the track around more then once or twice at various times in life when trying to decide what my next step is going to be.

These days I'm content to do more riding then jumping.  Boy am I full of metafores today.

Still it bothers me that I'm not doing something else. I just don't know what the "else" is suppose to be.

Therefore I'm thinking riding around the till it comes to me should be just fine. Maybe what is next will board the ride at the next stop.

That would definitely be another blog.