Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Biggest Loser Lost

Apparently everyone was all over the finale of Lost. To such an extent that my Twitter page was covered in positive and negative accountings. Truth be told I have watched approximately 5 minutes of that show so I cannot in any way give an informed opinion on it.

What I can give an informed opinion on, at least for today, is the interesting topic of Beauty Blogs. See my current writing assignment involves a review of Blogs on beauty topics such as makeup, accessories and clothing.  Now I'm not calling myself a beauty expert. No way no how.  Too much baggage in that title. Besides I have never been a girlie-girl type still I know my way around a beauty counter.  What are my preferences for beauty blogs.  Well you will have to read my article for that.  As soon as it gets published I'll let you know where to find it.

Still this brought to mind what those things are that I feel I am comfortable with and consider myself informed about.  No I'm not going to list them here. But I am going to compile that list and use it to create future posts.  Ha ha see I'm thinking and planning ahead.

For today the thing I am comfortable with is service to others. In today's hard economic times people are often unable to give financially to organizations or causes that they feel strongly about and want to support.  Remember the giving of your time is an invaluable opportunity to help in tangible ways.

There are so many organizations that need and deserve assistance today that no one need go very far away from their own home to find an opportunity.  But if you are at a loss as to where to go let me assist you with a list of some of my favorites.

Standard Disclaimer here: The organizations listed below did not request nor did they solicit my mention in this blog. Nor is this in any way an endorsement over other options. Heck it's just a short list.

American Red Cross - http://www.redcross.org/
Amnesty International - AmnestyUSA.org
Doctors without Borders - doctorswithoutborders.org
Lutheran World Relief - lwr.org
Motor City Blight busters - blightbusters.org
Komen for a Cure - komen.org
Boy Scouts of America - scouting.org
Habitat for Humanity - habitat.org


If you have any interesting other opportunities let me know and I'd be happy to check it out.