Monday, May 21, 2018

The Struggle Begins


We’ve all heard the stories about the kindly person who tries to help a butterfly escape the confines of its cocoon too soon, leaving the new born butterfly deformed and the same story but involving a chicken.
Observe the need of the body to struggle against the inevitable change that will propel them into unknown realms. In our own species, observe the struggles of a child bent on becoming an athlete or dancer. The repeated falls and struggles to move on. The gradual growth of muscle memory and increased strength leads to less falling and more achievements of goals. Growth was inevitable based on the child’s determination to achieve their dream and their focus on that goal. So how does a child who dreamt of dance no longer feel that need? Some are born with bodies that are not capable of the endurance needed to achieve the dreamed of dance. Some learn the dance and have the ability taken away from us by illness or accident.
How is not that same as when, as long as we have an understanding of that fact, then the answer to how is by redirecting that dream. In time you will feel the struggle to escape the confines of that comfortable egg, cocoon or cell. You will discover muscle memory and focus will fill your eyes with images. You will dream new dreams. I am not telling you when, you will tell you when. When it is time.
As for me, that is another story, whose time may have finally come. 

I am please to announce that I will be publishing my Art Journal in these pages.  As a way of sharing my art journey. What better way to start than to document the days of a real life journey. Starting on May 24th I will be documenting the sights and feels of a 10 day trip to the UK. Join me as I travel by Bus, Train and Ferry around Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland. 

I also intend to share some of the pages of my  #100heads #100daysaht since I am only up to #28 and do not want to lose 10 days worth or heads. 
I only allow myself a maximum of 30 minutes per head and I can not go back the next day to even do touch ups. I want an accurate record of my improvements. Keeping the color palate simple too. 








In the meanwhile, I also have been offered opportunities to share more of my art with more people. Planning on spending a great deal of time during this trip contemplating that exciting next step. 

But that is definitely another story to tell.